1. Introduction 2. How we use your personal data 3. Providing personal data to others 4. International transfers of your personal data 5. Retaining and deleting 6. Amendments 7. Your rights 8. About cookies 9. Cookies that we use 10. Cookies used by our service providers 11. Our details 12. Data protection officer
2. How we use your personal data 2.1 In this Section 2 we have set out: (a) the general categories of personal data that we may process; (b) the purposes for which we may process personal data; and (c) the legal bases of the processing. 2.2 We may process data obtained from your use of our website and services ("usage data"). The usage data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. The source of the usage data is our analytics tracking system. This usage data may be processed for the purposes of analysing the use of the website and services. The legal basis for this processing is consent and our legitimate interests, namely for monitoring and improving our website and services. 2.3 We may process your account data ("account data"). The account data may include your name and email address. The source of the account data is from you. The account data may be processed for the purposes of operating our website, providing our services, ensuring the security of our website and services, maintaining back-ups of our databases and communicating with you. The legal basis for this processing is consent and our legitimate interests, namely for the proper administration of our website and business. 2.4 We may process your personal data that is provided in the course of the use of our services ("service data"). The service data may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, profile pictures, gender, date of birth, relationship status, interests, educational details and employment details. The source of the service data is from you. The service data may be processed for the purposes of operating our website, providing our services, ensuring the security of our website and services, maintaining back-ups of our databases and communicating with you. The legal basis for this processing can include consent and/or our legitimate interests namely for the proper administration of our website and business and the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract. 2.5 We may process information contained in any enquiry you submit to us regarding goods and/or services ("enquiry data"). The enquiry data may be processed for the purposes of offering, marketing and selling relevant goods and/or services to you. 2.6 We may process information relating to transactions, including purchases of goods and services, that you enter into with us and/or through our website ("transaction data"). The transaction data may include your contact details, your card details and the transaction details. The transaction data may be processed for the purpose of supplying the purchased goods and services and keeping proper records of those transactions. The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract and our legitimate interests, namely our interest in the proper administration of our website and business. 2.7 We may process information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters ("notification data"). The notification data may be processed for the purposes of sending you the relevant notifications and/or newsletters. The legal basis for this processing is consent and the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract. 2.8 In addition to the specific purposes for which we may process your personal data set out in this Section 2, we may also process any of your personal data where such processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person. 2.9 Please do not supply any other person's personal data to us, unless we prompt you to do so.
3. Providing your personal data to others 3.1 Financial transactions relating to our website and services may be handled by our payment services providers. We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds. 3.2 In addition to the specific disclosures of personal data set out in this Section 3, we may disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person. We may also disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure. 3.3 In order to provide our services to our clients, we may transfer personal data to certain third party service providers. We ensure that these service providers are compliant with regard to the relevant data protection procedures.
4. International transfers of your personal data 4.1 In this Section 4, we provide information about the circumstances in which your personal data may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). 4.2 You acknowledge that personal data that you submit for publication through our website or services may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use (or misuse) of such personal data by others.
5. Retaining and deleting personal data 5.1 This Section 5 sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal data. 5.2 Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes. 5.3 We will retain your personal data as follows: (a) personal data will be retained for a minimum period of three months following the cessation of all our services. 5.4 In some cases it is not possible for us to specify in advance the periods for which your personal data will be retained. In such cases, we will determine the period of retention based on the following criteria: (a) the period of retention of personal data category will be determined based on advice from Regulatory Authorities to which we belong. 5.5 Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 5, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
6. Amendments 6.1 We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. 6.2 You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy. 6.3 We may notify you of changes to this policy by general notice on our website.
7. Your rights 7.1 You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to: (a) a reasonable number of requests (we may charge a fee, currently fixed at ZAR, for repeated requests); and (b) the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport). 7.2 You may send us a request for information about what personal information we hold and process of you, by emailing your request to: email@example.com 7.3 We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law. 7.4 You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information. 7.5 In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
8. About cookies 8.1 A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. 8.2 Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. 8.3 Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.